Online Banking.... the web-scrapping way...

Fabrice Gautier droopycom at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 21 14:47:09 EST 2006

Hi,

Yes, it is also my understanding that ofx.py uses OFX
Direct Connect.

Note that there is also a Mechanize port for python,
so I'm sure those script could be ported in python.
I'm pretty bad at both perl and python, but
WWW::Mechanize had more example that the python
counterpart...

Btw, I heard that US banks are soon going to drop OFX
because of new federal regulations that require
stronger authentication.

http://www.mcse.ms/message2309357.html

If that really happens, this kind of web scrapping my
make more sense to many people.

-- Fabrice