GObject & QOF

Daniel Espinosa esodan at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 14:57:54 EST 2006

Hi all, this message is to tell you about my work in embed the GObject in QOF.

At moment I had made QofQuery a GObject derived from GdaQuery.

The code is living aside the existing one and with out modify the
current API as possible; the objective is to create a GdaQuery object
when you create or modify a QofQuery.

Why?

Well, #1 I love GObject :)
#2 hope to help in implement the GDA Backend for GnuCash.

#3 hope to introduce the use of GObject inside GC

#4 hope to extensible use of GObject signal framework to help in
trigger actions when a register in the Database is modified

#5 hope to help QOF to take advantage of GObject (QOF is a GObject
like system, it has a GType like system too, but don't have most of
the futures in the GObject's one, including: GInterfase, Signals,
Properties, Object extension, etc)

I know that may this work have much questions and more "Why if QOF is
working well?" but I found that GObject's futures is great: I have a
funy experience from GDA's project, and want to transport as far as I
could (with approved by the main developers of course).

I haven't time enough this days to continue the work and I haven't
tested jet, but I hope to do it as soon as possible.

Take a moment and I'll send the patchs...

"de grano en grano, se hace la arena" (R) (entrámite, pero para los
cuates: LIBRE)