2.0.2 and GConf

Mark Johnson mrj001 at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 28 22:50:16 EST 2006

In trying gnucash 2.0.2, I noticed that whenever I close a register, I
get the following two errors:
mj at ds9:~$ gnucash

(gnucash:27727): GConf-CRITICAL **: file gconf-listeners.c: line 444
(ltable_remove): assertion `node != NULL' failed

(gnucash:27727): GConf-CRITICAL **: file gconf-listeners.c: line 444
(ltable_remove): assertion `node != NULL' failed

This happens even if I simply open a register and immediately close it.

I have reproduced it on two systems:
1. Slackware 10.2 with gconf 2.6.2
2. Slackware 10.0 with gconf 2.14.0

In both cases, gnucash was built from source on the system where it was
running with that version of gconf installed prior to the build.

The errors disappeared when I reverted system #2 to gnucash 2.0.1.

Has anyone else noticed this problem?  Was there something I should have
updated when I upgraded gnucash from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2?

Mark