can we have a 2.0.2 release soon?

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue Oct 3 14:56:55 EDT 2006

Am Montag, 2. Oktober 2006 23:52 schrieb Andreas Köhler:
> Too bad we have not had a new release yet. Thus I want to offer my help,
> because I think, with initial start-up help by Chris and others, I would
> be able to create releases.

Thanks for offering this additional support. I guess in case Chris is too busy
doing releases right now, he will (hopefully) explain this very soon and we
can designate him or whoever else as the person who will manage the next
releases.

> The one thing I will probably need constant
> input for is my suboptimal denglish (in announcements).

Oh, for this there's an easy workaround: You can create a draft announcement
as page into the wiki, like in
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Announcement_2.0.0 , and ask on IRC or here for
some feedback. Actually I'd even prefer to have this kind of (short)
pre-release announcement review, because sometimes some of the developers
would like some emphasized changes whereas others should not be mentioned
very prominently. Anyway, I'd greatly appreciate such a a quick
request-for-comments of the announcement.

> Looking forward to your replies, and feel free to tell me that status
> quo is OK.

I think we all agree we should have the next release as soon as possible. I'm
open to whatever solution makes this possible the easiest way.

Christian