repeated crashes in 2.0.1-3 deb unstable

Andrew Sackville-West ajswest at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 4 14:39:39 EDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 04:40:17PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Andrew Sackville-West <ajswest at mindspring.com> writes:
>
> > gnucash: [M] "Found Finance::Quote version ""1.11"
>
> I'm not sure why we see this; it's annoying and I wish it'd go away.
> It's a best a minor bug, however.
>
> > ** ERROR **: file split-register-load.c: line 248
> >    (gnc_split_register_load): assertion failed: (pending_trans ==
> >    NULL)
> > aborting...
> >

> > in the terminal when doing entry in gnucash 2.0.1-3 debian
> > unstable. this happens when I'm tabbing from one field to the next
> > while entering transactions in the check register. The first time it
> > happened when tabbing from the check number field to the
> > description. This time it was from description to whatever comes up
> > next.
>
> I get nothing of the kind.  I can tab happily from one entry to the
> next without difficulty.  Does it occur with a new (empty) file?

no, this is a file I've used for a couple years now. It happens when
entering a new transaction in the checking register.

1. enter the date, tab to check number field
2. enter the check number, tab to description field (crash #1)
3. enter partial description, tab to recall (crash #2).

it is not reliably reproduced, but has happened more than once with
the same error reported. did not bt the first time, sorry.