error during install with 2.0.2

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Mon Oct 9 09:55:05 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-10-08 at 23:55 +0200, Rauch Christian wrote:
> mkdir -p /var/tmp/gnucash-compiler/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults
> GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=xml::/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults
> /opt/gnome/bin/gconftool-2 --makefile-install-rule
> apps_gnucash_history.schemas
> Failed to load source "xml::/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults": Failed:
> Could not make directory `/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults': No such file
> or directory
[deletia]
> %__make install DESTDIR=%{buildroot} (where buildroot is
> /var/tmp/gnucash-compiler)
>
> Anyone an idea how to fix this?

During a packaged install of a gconf-using program, you need to disable
gconf schema installation during `make install` and instead do it
manually during the packaging mechanism's 'post-install' stage.  The
former is done via something like [[[

    # we must delay gconf schema installation due to sandbox
    export GCONF_DISABLE_MAKEFILE_SCHEMA_INSTALL="1"
    # [...]
    make DESTDIR=${D} "$@" install || die "install failed"
    # [...]
    unset GCONF_DISABLE_MAKEFILE_SCHEMA_INSTALL

]]]

The latter is done (at least on gentoo) by looking at the installed-file
list for items placed into /etc/gconf/schemas, then calling [[[
    ${GCONFTOOL_BIN} --makefile-install-rule ${SCHEMA} 1>/dev/null
]]] on each.  Don't forget to SIGHUP gconfd-2 to make sure the schemas
are reloaded before the app runs.

--
...jsled