r14931 - gnucash/branches/2.0 - Add ChangeLog entries.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 9 12:39:41 EDT 2006

Christian Stimming <stimming at tuhh.de> writes:

> Am Samstag, 7. Oktober 2006 14:17 schrieb Derek Atkins:
>> Christian Stimming <stimming at tuhh.de> writes:
>> > Any other proposals?
>>
>> I propose that once we reach 2.2 we forego manual ChangeLog
>> entries and just use the Subversion Log.  We can still ship
>> a ChangeLog, but it should just get generated from 'svn log'
>> (or 'svk log' -- I can write a gnc_svnlog script similar to
>> the gnc_svnversion script).
>
> Agreed. This is different from what I voted for last fall, but the
> development really *has* changed a lot since then. So, time to adapt
> our official process to how we are actually doing our work now :-)

Yeah.  This has been my conclusion as well..  The way we do development
has changed enough that maintaining a ChangeLog by hand is more work
than if we could generate it from the svn logs.

Remember, I was a strong proponent of the status quo last time this
came up, too!  :)