French translation

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Oct 11 18:31:31 EDT 2006

Hi,

Please make sure to CC gnucash-devel on all your replies..

more info inline..

"Jeremie Gaucher" <jeremie.gaucher at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Derek,
>
> I am slightly confused about a few things.
> Could you just clear me up on that.

I can try.

> First, can i just type the accents in the file or do i need tu use the codes
> (acute, etc...). What is the file encoding anyway?

I think you should use the codes.  But you can choose to use
accents if you prefer..  The file should be in ISO-8859-1 format.

> Second, how can i verify the file? I have read the section on the wiki on .po
> files but i don't see how that is done since the po's discussed there are for
> the software, not the website.

What do you mean, "verify the file"?  You can checkout htdocs
and put it into a webspace, and then you can access that webspace
via a web browser.

> Lastly, are there other people involved in the french translation?

As far as I know, nobody else is working on this.