Cross-platform GUI

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Oct 19 11:15:01 EDT 2006

Quoting Bob Hunter <catdogbeloved at yahoo.com>:

> Guillaume, I observe that gnucash's website includes
> binaries for all sorts of linux distributions, but
> does not include the binary for osx. Why is that?

Bob,

I observe that you're not paying attention because
those binaries are years old and we haven't released
binaries for anything since the early 1.8.x days (if
not even earlier)...  And that even then we were only
releasing RPMs for Red Hat.

All the other RPMs you see on the list were donated by
people like YOU who are not developers but still want to
donate to the gnucash project.

The fact remains that we haven't released binaries, and
we made a concious choice not to release binaries.  We've
made a concious choice to try to release a win32 binary
because most win32 users don't have a development toolchain.
However, FINK and DarwinPorts makes building for Mac as
simple as a command, so we've still made a concious choice
not to distribute a Mac Binary.

If you'd like a Mac Binary that badly, you're welcome to
engage IHTFP Consulting, Inc. to build one for you.  Standard
Consulting Rates would apply.