GnuCash trunk now uses SWIG

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 20 00:40:52 EDT 2006

On Oct 20, 2006, at 12:17 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:

> There is no compilation ...  Just a path.  I suppose we could add a
> --with-swig-path switch, but why not just set $PATH accordingly?

Um. Because I wasn't paying close enough attention?

While I'm displaying my ignorance, how is it I keep the $PATH
modification local to the build? I keep my gnucash svn builds out of
my normal path so I have fewer conflicts in my attempts at making
fink versions work. I tend to lose track of environment changes that
work in one instance but interfere in another. I did build swig
1.3.29 in /opt last weekend, but I haven't built anything with it.
Fink's latest swig is 1.3.20.

> -derek
>
> Quoting David Reiser <dbreiser at earthlink.net>:
>
>> can we have a --with-swig-prefix switch? Please?
>>
>> On Oct 19, 2006, at 6:34 PM, Chris Shoemaker wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>         In case you missed recent list traffic, this is just to
>>> announce that, yes, GnuCash has switched from g-wrap to SWIG
>>
>> Dave
>> --
>> David Reiser
>> dbreiser at earthlink.net
>

> --
>       warlord at MIT.EDU                        PGP key available

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net