install.sh for Windows - libtool issue w/ guile

Keith.Gunderson at act.org Keith.Gunderson at act.org
Fri Oct 20 11:24:53 EDT 2006

> Keith.Gunderson at act.org schrieb:
> > I followed the instructions, from the README (as of SVN yesterday.)  I

> > blanked my PATH to exclude cygwin and got messages "cygpath not found"
at
> > the same spot of the issues I include below.  So I altered the PATH to

> > include cygwin/bin and I get:
>
> Do you run this from mingw's msys command line, or rather from the
> cygwin command line? You should try the former, and again set the PATH
> so that really no cygwin element is left in there. Especially the gcc of
> cygwin shouldn't be used - your configure output says it decided to use
> cygwin's gcc, instead of mingw's one as the gnucash install.sh would
> install and expect.

Thanks very much!

I fixed the path (re-removed the cygwin\bin) and deleted the
c:\soft\tmp\guile directory.  That cleared up any build problems w/
guile. Note that without deleteing the tmp\guile folder, the tools
used the cached configuration and failed.  I think any of the crypt
libs were found in the cygwin path.

> Interestingly, in my case there is no "-ldl -lcrypt". I wonder where
> this slipped into your build? Can you do a "grep 'dl -lcrypt'
> config.status" in guile? Maybe there is some LDFLAGS variable that
> contains these. In that case the LDFLAGS should manually be cleared up
> so that these libraries don't appear here.

There's not much of lcrypt in the config files now. Doing a grep 'lcrypt'
config* give ...

config.log:configure:27477: gcc -o conftest.exe -g -O2
-I/c/soft/readline/include -I/c/soft/regex/include -lwsock32
-L/c/soft/readline/lib -L/c/soft/regex/lib -lregex conftest.c -lcrypt  -lm
 >&5
config.log:c:\soft\mingw\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe:
cannot find -lcrypt
.
.
.(plus some comments)

> So there is no warning about "not have real file for library...". If
> that warning occurs, libtool will refuse to build a DLL and you can't
> continue, but I guess you figured that already.

I didn't notice that warning.

(More to come  :)

Keith