Compiling GnuCash on Windows

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 20 11:42:02 EDT 2006

Andreas Köhler <andi5.py at gmx.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Am Donnerstag, den 19.10.2006, 09:55 -0700 schrieb Brian Blatnik:
>> With the lastest install.sh script, I get the following error message during
>> the gnome section:
>> inst_gwrap: command not found
>
> I anticipated that problem :) Make sure you always use recent scripts
> and auxiliary files. Best would be to checkout the whole packaging/win32
> directory and update before doing anything.
>
> Quick fix: Update your custom.sh.

I wonder if we should put version numbers into install.sh and custom.sh
so that when we make changes to both at the same time we can at least
print out a more useful error message?  Like:

  The version of your scripts do not match -- maybe you pulled them
  individually instead of pulling the full "packaging/win32" directory
  from Subversion?   You should make sure you update the whole directory
  at once in order for the build to work.