SQL backend for GnuCash 2

Daniel Espinosa esodan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 16:04:29 EDT 2006

2006/10/25, Phil Longstaff <plongstaff at rogers.com>:
> On Wed, 2006-25-10 at 14:12 +0100, Tony Bloomfield wrote:
> > As designer of the SQL backend for a rival package (KMyMoney), I'd be happy to
> > swap ideas, etc. There's not a great deal of difference between the two
> > products, except that KMM does not really support small business.
> >
> > Anyhow, let me know if you'd like me to post the DDL, usage description, etc.
> >

> I'd be happy to look at what you have.  It seems to me that there will
> be enough differences that I won't be able to use much.  I assume you
> used the Qt SQL classes rather than libgda or libdbi so I can't use much
> (if anything) of your implementation.

This is the other reson we need to work out with out a DDL at moment,
but yes at finish.

Consider that may in the future GnuCash and KMyMoney, could share the
same DB and give diferent GUI, why don't work together and define a
solid DB storage structure for the end user (and leave him to use the
GUI he wants, even a web one).

"de grano en grano, se hace la arena" (R) (entrámite, pero para los
cuates: LIBRE)