SQL backend for GnuCash 2

Daniel Espinosa esodan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 20:33:45 EDT 2006

2006/10/25, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu>:
> Hi,
>
> A few more comments (my previous comments directly to Phil still
> apply).   I just looked at the Dia drawings, and I've got a few
> more comments.  Note that you didn't send out an updated doc, so
> these comments are based on the original version:
>
> 1) We don't need an AccountType table.  AccountTypes are not data,
>    they are encoded in the application.  There's no reason to add
>    them to the database because they are constants.

If usefull if you want a strong data integrity done by the Database
server, and if you want to share with others programs (I plan to
develop some one for the desktop)

> 2) You don't need a StockTransaction table.   You should model the
>    Transaction and Split tables like the current PG backend.

Please see the version 0.2.

> 3) You should model the Business features closer to the actual objects.
>    This means you should have an Address table and then link to that
>    to/from the Customer, Vendor, and Employee tables.

Your righ, I have modify again an attached you'll find the version 0.2

> 4) I wont comment on Inventory because gnucash has no inventory support,
>    except to say that adding the table later when there's real support
>    is easy.
>
> Daniel, I think that right now Phil's schema is much closer to what
> we want/need, but I think we're on the right path.  Phil, you might
> want to take the time to explore src/business/business-core/file/*
> to see the various business objects for mapping to SQL.

May Phil's want to help me in update the 0.2 version to his schema, I
have made some work around, but still exist some questions (maked in
the diagram)

"de grano en grano, se hace la arena" (R) (entrámite, pero para los
cuates: LIBRE)