Updated DDL for SQL backend

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Fri Oct 27 08:39:35 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-26 at 22:43 -0400, Phil Longstaff wrote:

> 6) I haven't looked too deeply into how a scheduled transaction is
> stored in XML and how that reflects its internal structure.  It appears
> as though there is a gnc:schedxaction which stores the scheduled
> transaction, and that the transaction which is converted into a
> scheduled transaction has slots attached to its splits.  I've redone
> this by adding a sched_tx_splits table which is similar to the splits
> table, except that the values are strings instead of numerics.

There's a deeper modeling issue with SXes. We use a seperate, parallel
AccountGroup to store template transaction data, in which Accounts are
named as the string representation of the SXes GUID, and contain
Transactions with Splits which have their *real* Accounts, as well as
the credit and debit cell text formulae, in KVP frames.

I don't see a reason to model this differently in the DB than in the
object model.  Though we might want to change the object model.

Also, in the DDL, SXes still have an sx_id, though as QOF entities they
are GUID-posessing objects, and thus should follow the pattern of those.

--
...jsled