SQL backend for GnuCash 2

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 27 10:09:07 EDT 2006

Quoting "Jim C. Nasby" <decibel at decibel.org>:

> On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 03:33:37PM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> the list of requirements.   Also, I dont think we can depend on stored
>> procedures; SQLite doesn't support them.
>
> Dumb question... why would someone want to run SQLite over the existing
> storage mechanism?

Because it would allow us to implenment "save on commit" -- so you
would never ever lose data because it would be saved to the database
every time you commit a new transaction?  Or it that feature not something
you care about?

Also, moving to SQLite could make startup faster because it might not
have to read the full dataset into RAM.