SQL backend for GnuCash 2

Benoit Gregoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Fri Oct 27 14:13:07 EDT 2006

> I think we absolutely MUST support SQLite, and we SHOULD support
> MySQL and PG.  Does someone want to volunteer to find the LCD
> features of those three DBs?

Here it is for SQLLite:  http://www.sqlite.org/omitted.html
Main areas that may bite us (i owuld think):
	-You can't drop a column (really annoying for schema updates)
	-No foreign key constraints (not a killer for us, but it means no ON DELETE
CASCADE or UPDATE anywhere)
But at least it has decent support for transactions, and some trigger support
which is probably the only "advanced" features we would care about.

MySQL (5+ using innodb) has fixed many of it's chronical shortcomings, an now
has "reasonnalbe" support for transactions, and just got triggers.  MySql
won't be a problem, especially considering SQLLite's limitations.

Postgresql has support for everything and the kitchen sink.