Another SCM bug in trunk

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Sat Oct 28 11:44:09 EDT 2006

--On October 28, 2006 11:13:32 AM -0400 Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU>
wrote:

> My current theory is that SWIG_NewPointerObj() returns '() instead
> of #f for NULL.  All the scheme code expects to see #f for a NULL
> pointer, so there is a lot of constructs like:
>
> (if invoice
>  )
>
> If it's really returning '() then all of these need to be changed
> to:
>
>  (if (and invoice (not (null? invoice)))
>  )
>
> and this change needs to be done EVERYWHERE!  What a royal PitA..
> I've been trying to read the SWIG docs but swig.sf.net appears to be
> down.

I think this is correct.  There were similar problems in some of the
reports and that's the explanation I got for the problem.  See
<https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2006-October/018834.html>.
I agree that finding and fixing all of these will be a pain.

Mike Alexander           mta at umich.edu
Ann Arbor, MI            PGP key ID: BEA343A6