r14833 - gnucash/trunk/packaging/win32 - Build Guile and GnuCash by `make LDFLAGS="$SOME_FLAGS -no-undefined"'

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Sep 12 10:23:00 EDT 2006

Christian Stimming <stimming at tuhh.de> writes:

> Derek Atkins schrieb:
>>> Build Guile and GnuCash by `make LDFLAGS="$SOME_FLAGS -no-undefined"'
>>
>> Why do we need -no-undefined?   We shouldn't need that.  And
>> guile builds just fine without it.
>
> "we" don't need "-no-undefined" if and only if you are not on Windows/mingw.

I was just saying that guile built just fine on my win32 system..  I
haven't tried gnucash...  But I bet adding -no-undefined in LDFLAGS is
probably the wrong thing, because it could cause configure to fail.
Perhaps we should just add it in the configure script rather than in
the build script?

> Iff you are on windows/mingw, each and every LTLIBRARY needs to be
> linked by libtool with the -no-undefined argument so that libtool will
> actually create a DLL.

Hmm..