r14785 - gnucash/trunk/lib/libqof/qof - For windows, fall back to the file backend if a colon was in the URL name.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 14 08:27:21 EDT 2006

Christian Stimming <stimming at tuhh.de> writes:

> Yes, but OTOH the access_method code doesn't check for the length of the
> string in front of the colon as well. I just continued in the same manner --
> the backend is given a try, and if it can't load this path, we know it can't
> load it. IMHO there's not really any need for more intelligence here, as I
> can't imagine what would go wrong. If you want to add more intelligence, feel
> free to do so. Just keep in mind you *must* have a qof_session_clear_error()
> before you call qof_session_load_backend() again (as added there by a later
> commit).

True.  I guess it will fail either way, and we really don't support
PG or other backends..  So I guess this makes sense for now.