GDA: Recent SX changes in trunk/GObject questions

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Sat Apr 7 22:33:05 EDT 2007

I've merged up-to-date trunk into the gda branch (though it's not completely committed).  Scheduled transaction structure has changed.  In addition, account groups have been replaced by root accounts.

My plan is to have a book table with a record with (currently) two fields.  The first is the root account guid and the second is the template root account guid.  This will allow template accounts to be added to the main account table and template transactions/splits to be added to the main tx/split tables, since they can be traced up via the account parent guids to the correct root.

Comments?

Questions about use of GObjects in GC.  Is the plan to base backends on GObjects as well?  Also, does it make sense to replace the whole begin edit/commit edit architecture with an architecture where "object changed" events are caught and acted upon by the GDA backend but not the file backend?

Phil

P.S. One side effect of the merge is that I am not seeing the crash I used to see when saving a transaction via gda.  The crash was happening because splits were being sorted, which was triggering more db access, and eventually he whole mess got corrupted.