SX: Created Transactions not removed from SLR list

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Sun Apr 8 11:44:32 EDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-04-08 at 10:55 -0400, Volker Englisch wrote:
> Looking through my list of scheduled transactions it appears that all of
>   these transactions that were incorrectly set to January 1st were
> originally entered to be scheduled annually.  Since the option to
> schedule a transaction annually doesn't exist anymore (at least I think
> the older version allowed you to schedule annually) they got converted
> to 'monthly (x12)' and this 'conversion' may have changed the actual
> date to Jan 1st.

There were some date computation problems in the original versions of
the conversion code.  Can you re-try with your clean stable/2.0
datafile, or maybe a backup?

> Along these lines, when I click the up/down arrow in the 'Edit Scheduled
> Transaction' window to increment/decrement the recurrence frequency for
>     'Every  N  months'
> it seems that all but the 'weekly' option increments the value by two
> instead of one.

Huh.  That's weird.  It's certainly not consistent.  It's almost like
the button "sticks" every once in a while – both up and down – and moved
the value 2 or 3 units at a time.

> The display of this option is centered (?) under the 'Start Date' field
> for most options except for the 'Semi-monthly', where it is left aligned
> with the fields in that block.

Noted.

> Also, the window that comes up to enter/edit a scheduled transaction
> extends the width of the screen and there is a new button at the upper
> right-hand corner of the calendar name 'View' which doesn't do anything
> at the current time.

To the right of the "View:" label there should be a combobox with
options for changing the view of the dense cal (1,2,3,4,6,12 months).
No?  Are you use src/gnome-utils/ was cleanly re-built and installed?

> Please let me know if you'd like me to provide additional information
> and/or screenshots.

BTW, any opinion about the new/tabbed SX editor?

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled;b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}