GObject in GC implementation Plan

Daniel Espinosa esodan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 13:04:00 EDT 2007

2007/4/13, Josh Sled <jsled at asynchronous.org>:
> On Thu, 2007-04-12 at 17:42 -0500, Daniel Espinosa wrote:
> > >
> > > You keep making that statement, but you haven't explained what you mean
> > > by it.  Why can't we eventually migrate to a full GObject, what will be
> > > missing, and what will that mean to the project?  Please either explain
> > > yourself, or stop spreading what (at this point) I can only call FUD.
> > >
> > > David
> >
> > I don't want to create FUD, sorry. But you're right, I need to explain
> > in more details:
>
> I will point out that nothing you said or the responses you've received
> indicate that:
>
> - gnucash can never have a full GObject system

My point is QOF not GC.

> - anyone is insisting to use QOF (in its current form)

My point is the work to make QOF to be *FULL* GObject, and try to find
ways to speedup the migration.

> - anyone does not want to migrate to GObject features

I know.

> The issue has always been one of timing and planning, that the changes
> are made as a set of small, stable, understandable, auditable changes.

That's my objective, try to do the less work and try not to
re-implement the actual QOF way.

I insist to wrap QOF and step by step migrate QOF into a new pure
GObject implementation (move the code from QOF to the new)

"de grano en grano, se hace la arena" (R) (entrámite, pero para los
cuates: LIBRE)