problem with edit exchange rate

ac at nodocero.com ac at nodocero.com
Fri Apr 13 22:24:17 EDT 2007

Hello. I am having a problem when entering a split transaction, when I
enter one of the splits which is to a different currency account it will
not let me edit the exchange rate and sets the number "unexchanged" on
the other account.

The process is: open account A, go to the bottom, find the last row,
enter a date, enter a transaction , enter one of the other accounts (B
same currency as A), enter the amount 100, click on Split in toolbar,
the amount entered is set on the A split, th B split has no amount, so I
enter 80 on B, I then go the next split select account C (different
currency) and enter amount 20. Now I wish to set the exchange rate for
this amount on split C so I right click on the 20 or elsewhere in that
row and select Edit Exchange rate but nothing happens.  I have found no
way to get the exchange rate dialog.   If I save and then jump to
account C the transaction has a value of 20 which is not correct when
viewed in C ledger.

I was using 2.0.2, I just downloaded and compiled 2.0.5 and it is the
same thing.

This also happens in non-split transactions, when I enter the amount
before entering the account. Say I go to account A, add new transaction,
enter date, enter description, skip acount, enter amount, go back to
account and select C (different currency), then I try to get the Edit
Exchange Rate but it is not possible.

I expected the Edit Exchange Rate dialog to be accessible always
regardless of the exact order in which one enters items.

Does anyone know what is the problem here?

Thanks

Alonso