windows build failed

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 18 14:12:11 EDT 2007

Quoting "Hale Boyes, Kevin " <Kevin.HaleBoyes at encana.com>:

[snip]
> checking for g++... no
> checking for c++... no
> checking for gpp... no
> checking for aCC... no
> checking for CC... no
> checking for cxx... no
> checking for cc++... no
[snip]
> checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... no
> checking whether g++ accepts -g... no
> checking dependency style of g++... none
> checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp
> configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
> See `config.log' for more details.
>
> I'd include the config.log but it is long and probably not necessary.
> I'll just include the bits that _I_ think point to the problem.
>
> configure:3539: checking for C++ compiler version
> configure:3542: g++ --version </dev/null >&5
> ./configure: g++: command not found
>
> I guess I didn't install g++.  I think that was supposed to happen
> during the MinGW install but I don't remember.  Can I install g++
> now so that the install can proceed or do I have to start over?
> Is it as simple as re-running the MinGW installer
> (manually running $GLOBAL_DIR/downloads/MinGW-5.1.0.exe)?

Yep, that should work.  And yes, you need to install g++.  Unfortunately
there's not really a good way to automate that.  When you install g++
just make sure it gets installed into the right place.

> If I may ask an unrelated question...  How often are the daily
> IRC logs updated?

Um, should be nearly instantaneous.  Why?
I'm pretty sure it's just a script that runs "tail -f" on the logfile
and outputs that into the HTML logs available online.