win32: libssl32.dll installed by msysDTK?

"Andreas Köhler" andi5.py at gmx.net
Thu Apr 26 05:16:21 EDT 2007

Hi,

Christian Stimming <stimming at tuhh.de> wrote:
> during my current WinXP new installation of gnucash I encountered the
> "wrong openssl version" error message. It turned out that I already
> have an openssl.exe installed in $MSYS_DIR/bin, together with
> libssl32.dll et al in the windows/system32 directory. This openssl
> version has been installed from msysDTK version 1.0.1.
>
> I wonder whether we should remove that openssl.exe and DLLs directly
> after msysDTK installation?

I will definitely check that.  I am right now in the process of
modifying inst_openssl to build OpenSSl 0.9.8e from tarball.
BTW, according to INSTALL.W32, libcrypto.a and libssl.a are static libraries,
whereas libssl32.a and libeay32.a can be used as import libraries.  I did not
have the time to verify that against the currently used 0.9.7c package,
but do we _plan_ to link statically?

> Christian

-- andi5