2.1.x and allow_file_incompatability

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Mon Apr 30 19:12:46 EDT 2007

There are two places we use the gconf
key /apps/gnucash/dev/allow_file_incompatibility:

- Scheduled Transactions (FreqSpec->Recurrence)
- ROOT Account Group

I propose that we flip the default for these two immediately before the
2.1.2 release.  Thus, starting with 2.1.2, files would no longer be
backward compatible.

I suppose another way we can go is to /strongly encourage/ people to
manually set the gconf key, but that just seems to delay the inevitable.
Also, at some point I actually need to remove the FreqSpec code, which
will require the flag to be set.  I'd rather do it sooner than later.

Thoughts?  Objection?

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled;b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}