startup delay

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Fri Aug 3 11:07:56 EDT 2007

On Friday 3 August 2007 16:48, Josh Sled wrote:
> Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> writes:
> > I haven't looked at this patch, yet, but does it also work in the case
> > of --nofile and in the case of the first-run dialog (where there IS no
> > main window, just a dialog about whether to import from QIF or run the
> > New File Hierarchy)?
>
> Yes and yes.

Just out of curiosity, since this is not directly Splash screen related:
What happens when Gnucash is already open, and the user selects Open... to
open another book ? Will the old book remain open until the new one is fully
loaded, or is the old book closed and no new window appears before all the
reports on the new one are loaded ?

Regards,

Geert