ref id=347922

Dan Widyono dan at widyono.net
Sat Aug 18 10:36:57 EDT 2007

Make sure you don't use 3a4.  Use 3a3.  When you install it, run the test
command (guile -c blah blah) as the installation user (who has permissions to
modify the directories just created -- i.e. /usr/lib/guile etc.).  That will
create the initial "index" or "catalog" which is required to find "variables"
and perhaps "functions" (I don't really understand it from the language point
of view, only from a systems administration point of view).  I put this info
in the wiki under RHEL5, perhaps it should be in a separate section just
regarding SLIB installation.

Dan W.