The payment amount must be greater than zero

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Aug 20 10:29:51 EDT 2007

"Patrik Lermon" <patrik at gnupung.net> writes:

>> Underlying assumptions in the business features that Invoices are always
>> on sign and Payments are always the other.  A negative payment would
>> therefore look like an Invoice..  but it's NOT an invoice.. And it would
>> confuse the payment-merging processing for handling over/under-payments
>> across multiple invoices.
>>
>> Feel free to look at src/business/business-core/gncInvoice.c if you want
>> to try to come up with a better approach.
[snip]
> I think that assumption is actually wrong.

Oh, I'm not saying that the assumption is RIGHT, just that the
assumption was made and it exists in the code.  What it means is that
it's not EASY to make this change.  It's not just as simple as
removing the check in the UI.  It's a deeper issue; the whole set of
algorithms need to be re-thunk in order to remove this assumption.

So, the challenge to you is to come up with a patch that does it!
Good Luck!