GNUCash 2.2.1 Startup Time under Windows Vista

Stephen Grant Brown s_g_brown at bemail.com.au
Tue Aug 28 17:07:56 EDT 2007

Hi All,
This is not a complaint, just an observation.

I installed GNUCash 2.2.1 on my brand new computer running Microsoft Vista.

After starting the program, it took 15 seconds for it to dispaly something which dissapeared after about 5 seconds. It then took another minute for the program to display anything else.

I used Windows Easy Transfer to transfer all my settings from the old Windows XP machine to the new one. I lost the drive containing my GNUCash data file. Consequently I am starting without a data file.

When I start a new file, how do I populate it with a basic set of accounts?

Yours Sincerely Stephen Grant Brown