Permission Denied

Stephen Grant Brown s_g_brown at bemail.com.au
Wed Aug 29 21:20:14 EDT 2007

Hi Derek,
Thanks for your reply.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Derek Atkins" <warlord at MIT.EDU>
To: "Stephen Grant Brown" <s_g_brown at bemail.com.au>
Cc: "GNUCash Developers" <gnucash-devel at lists.gnucash.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 10:55 PM
Subject: Re: Permission Denied

> "Stephen Grant Brown" <s_g_brown at bemail.com.au> writes:
>
>> Hi Derek and all others reading this.
>>
>> Thank you for your speedy reply.
>>
>> Yes, it did download correctly.
>>
>> I can go back into c:/soft/downloads and execute the file.
>> The first thing Vista asks is "Did I start executing this file?"
>>
>> Yours Sincerely Stephen Grant brown
>
> By "go back into ..." do you mean via a 'cmd' prompt?  Or through
> the graphical file explorer?

I use the graphical file explorer to make the file  visible on screen and
then I double left click msysDTK-1.0.1.exe.
Vista then asks me if I want to run the file. I reply yes.
Where do I instal the file given that install.sh is in c:/soft/downloads and
I have not touched default.sh or custom.sh?

> If you go in through the cmd prompt, does it STILL ask this of
> you when you try to execute the .exe?

I use msys cmd prompt, cd to c:/soft/downloads.

whoami =>

-rwxr-xr-x 1 Admin Adminst ...

chmod a+w msys*

does not change file permisions

msysDTK-1.0.1.exe =>

sh: ./msysDTK-1.0.1.exe permission denied

ie I cannot execute msysDTK-1.0.1.exe via mys command prompt