r16624 - gnucash/trunk - Remove the spurious m4/ directory. Use macros/ instead.

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sun Dec 9 16:39:06 EST 2007

Am Sonntag, 9. Dezember 2007 02:26 schrieb Andreas Köhler:
> Author: andi5
> Date: 2007-12-08 20:26:03 -0500 (Sat, 08 Dec 2007)
> New Revision: 16624
> Trac: http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/16624
>
> Removed:
>    gnucash/trunk/m4/
> Modified:
>    gnucash/trunk/Makefile.am
> Log:
> Remove the spurious m4/ directory. Use macros/ instead.

I think in some autoconf manual (version ... err, whatever) it was suggested
that a subdirectory "m4" will be used by default for macro lookup in some
future autoconf version. Hence, if we ever want to decide on one directory
name, "m4" would be preferrable over "macros".

On the other hand, all the autotools are *so* web1.0, we shouldn't bother any
more than necessary, which is what your patch did correctly.

(Actually, CMake might be an interesting alternative, especially because we do
not use many "convenience libraries" but instead directly build a whole bunch
of shared libraries. I've been using cmake in several other projects for
quite some time by now. But switching the build system from autotools to
cmake this would be a task of the size of one Summer of Code project :-)

Regards,

Christian