AUDIT: r16690 - gnucash/trunk/src/engine - Daniel Harding's update to Afghani currency. closes #504257

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Dec 23 12:02:48 EST 2007

Andrew Sackville-West <andrew at farwestbilliards.com> writes:

> On Fri, Dec 21, 2007 at 01:53:39PM -0500, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
>> Author: andrewsw
>> Date: 2007-12-21 13:53:38 -0500 (Fri, 21 Dec 2007)
>> New Revision: 16690
>> Trac: http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/16690
>>
>> Modified:
>>    gnucash/trunk/src/engine/iso-4217-currencies.scm
>> Log:
>> Daniel Harding's update to Afghani currency. closes #504257
>> BP
>
> Just for the record, Derek asked if we needed both the old and the new
> currency. I don't know the answer to that question, but given that
> many other currencies maintain their old denominations, and since it's
> a more recent change than many of the other old ones currently in
> place, it makes sense to me to leave the old one in.

Sometimes we keep the old one and sometimes we "convert" to
the new one.  GnuCash can handle both methods.  It mostly depends
on whether or not both currencies are in circulation.