PO file typos, the more difficult ones

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at swclan.homelinux.org
Mon Dec 24 11:22:46 EST 2007

My two cents...

On Sun, Dec 23, 2007 at 11:14:59PM +0100, Christian Stimming wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 19. Dezember 2007 07:23 schrieb Clytie Siddall:
>
> > 21.
> > #.src/report/standard-reports/trial-balance.scm
> > #: ../intl-scm/guile-strings.c:524
> > msgid ""
> > "Do not net, but show gross debit/credit adjustments to these
> > accounts. "
> > "Merchandising businesses will normally select their inventory
> > accounts here."
> >
> > "net" is not a verb. I suggest:

ah the beauty if English. "net" can most assuredly be used as a
verb. In this case it means something like "combine amounts" or
"provide a final result". Another use would be
"The previous values provided don't net out to the final total." where
"net out" is equivalent to "equal". Another example: "OUr combined
sales growth and cost reductions nets an increase in profits of..."
where "nets" would mean "results in".

> > + "Do not calculate net value: show..."

That said, I think this nets a fine translation... ;)