[patch] More gcc 4.2.3 compilation fixes

Jerry Quinn jlquinn at optonline.net
Sun Dec 30 14:52:45 EST 2007

Andreas Köhler wrote:
> Hi Jerry,
>
>> This patch squelches the warnings but I can't help feeling like there
>> should be a cleaner way of solving the problem.
>>
>> Opinions welcome,
>> Jerry Quinn

> An alternative would be to disable this type of warning completely, like
> in the attached patch.  Does it work for you?

That would work, but my thought was that in general it's better to keep
as many warnings enabled as possible.  I was reluctant to turn the
warning off, since it could catch important problems.

I suppose one option would be to disable the warning only for the
affected files.  I'm not sure how much makefile gymnastics are required
to achieve that, though.  I'm not automake-savvy.

Jerry