r15486 - gnucash/trunk/src - SX "enabled" patch from Peter McAlpine <peter at aoeu.ca>.

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Fri Feb 2 08:43:11 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 22:24 -0500, Peter McAlpine wrote:
> In this case would it be possible to partially avoid the issue by not
> outputting the enabled tag if the SX is enabled (because it defaults
> to true)?

We shouldn't elide fields we are aware of.  Explicit is better than
implicit.

> Would this be a quicker solution than fully implementing KVPs:
> Whenever unrecognized tags are found just read the tag into some
> buffer and when the the object is to be outputted then output the tag
> just as it was read in.

I don't think it's quicker, actually, but it's probably the right thing.

> Increment the xml version whenever there's new tags added that are
> completely incompatible. Refuse to load newer versions.

This we do do, I think.  There's not a version number on the root
element, though the tag itself serves that purpose.  In fact, individual
objects have their own version numbers, including the <gnc:book>, which
is the practical root of the datafile.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled;b=asynchronous.org;echo ${a}@${b}