Accounts Hierarchy sets for "fr_CA"

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sat Feb 3 04:29:05 EST 2007

Am Freitag, 2. Februar 2007 22:05 schrieb Derek Atkins:
> > I just noticed that files I supplied are utf-8 encoded, while those of
> > other locales all seem to be ISO-8859-1.  I am new to translation, and
> > don't if problems could arise for other platforms. If needed I could
> > change my default encoding in Kate or KBabel.  Let me know.
> >
> > Such a question might look trivial to you developers, but I did not know
> > if, on such matters, communication channel should be through the list,
> > or directly to Christian.
>
> UTF-8 is fine.  I think using UTF-8 is recommended nowadays.

Exactly.

However, as long as the first line explicitly specifies an encoding by <?xml
version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>, we're just fine. That is the reason why we
didn't recode the other account templates - their other encoding is specified
correctly and will be converted at load time correctly.

Christian