Configure error building 2.0 svn branch of gnucash

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 5 12:43:16 EST 2007

Shocky <shocky1 at users.sourceforge.net> writes:

>> Check config.log for the full error.
>>
>> -derek
>
> Ah, that's the clue I needed. In the log file, I see:
>
> configure:26190: checking g-wrap-wct.h usability
> configure:26202: gcc -c -g -O2   -std=gnu99   conftest.c >&5
> In file included from /usr/include/multiarch-dispatch.h:23,
>                  from /usr/include/g-wrap/ffi-support.h:2,
>                  from /usr/include/g-wrap/core-runtime.h:23,
>                  from /usr/include/g-wrap/guile-wct.h:23,
>                  from /usr/include/g-wrap-wct.h:3,
>                  from conftest.c:106:
> /usr/include/multiarch-i386-linux/g-wrap/ffi-support.h:24:17: error: ffi.h: No
> such file or directory
> In file included from /usr/include/g-wrap/guile-wct.h:23,
>                  from /usr/include/g-wrap-wct.h:3,
>                  from conftest.c:106:
>
> So it's actually /usr/include/ffi.h that's missing, and the configure message
> is wrong. That's part of the package libffi4-devel, which wasn't installed.

I wouldn't say that the configure message is wrong, per se, but it
certainly could be confusing in your case.  A better message might be
something like "can't find a working g-wrap-wct.h" and then point you
to config.status.  I'll make this change in Trunk.