Failure in configuration for a Mac

Jeff Carneal jeff-ml at soldmy.net
Sun Feb 11 11:59:12 EST 2007

On Feb 7, 2007, at 9:05 AM, Peter McAlpine wrote:

> By far the easiest way for me to get it built/installed:
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSXInstallation#gnucash-2.0.4_.
> 28takes_longer.2C_but_more_recent_version.29
>
> After macports was installed it was a one-liner:
> sudo port install gnucash +enable_quotes +enable_ofx +enable_hbci

Just an FYI on anyone that followed this thread or later finds it via
google.

I tried the above port command on my intel macbook running 10.4.8 and
ran into a little trouble.  The following two issues arose (this is
using DarwinPorts-1.3.1 for 10.4)

1) fontconfig 2.4.4 failed to build

  There were unmatched #endif statements in one of the files
(probably a sed error somewhere).  I fixed it by downloading the
Portfile for 2.3.2 instead and stuck here:

/opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/
rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/graphics/fontconfig/Portfile

It built it fine after that.  If you're installing a fresh version of
macports, I'd recommend doing the above before trying to 'port
installl gnucash'

2)  aqbanking failed to configure

It needed libofx installed first.  A simple 'sudo port install
libofx' worked fine, then I continued with the gnucash port install.

After that gnucash and all its dependencies built without issue, and
I even have a working aqbanking now.  Woot!

HTH

Jeff