Troubles with foreign currency account

Thomas Klausner tk at giga.or.at
Thu Feb 15 03:28:32 EST 2007

Hi!

I'm using NetBSD-4.99.9/amd64 and gnucash-2.0.4.

I tried adding a foreign currency account and using it for buying
a foreign fund in Turkish Lira.
Some troubles I had:

. The symbol for Turkish Lira is TRY nowadays, not TRL any longer
  (as gnucash still thinks).  This changed beginning of 2005, see
  e.g.
    http://www.tf-portfoliosolutions.net/products/turkishlira.aspx

. I set the "Smallest fraction" for my account backed in TRL
  (account type Bank) to "1/100", but when I enter new transactions
  inside that account, It gets rounded to whole numbers

. When I enter a transaction in a EUR account, there's a popup
  for the exchange rate.  It is confusing -- on the right hand side
  it says "1 TRL = x EUR" next to the exchange rate and "1 EUR =
  x TRY" next to the "To Amount" entry field.  I think only the
  lower one is true when I enter an exchange rate, but I could be
  wrong.

. When I change a transaction I entered from an EUR account, I can
  modify the decimal places, and it's not rounded to whole numbers,
  but it's rounded to I don't know what. For example, I can only
  enter 0.50 and 0.57, nothing in between.

. When I enter a price in the price editor by selecting a security
  and "Add"ing it, afterwards the display of the box is completely
  broken (it has duplicate lines for all kinds of different stuff).
  Closing and opening the price editor restores sanity here, until
  I enter a new price.

. The prices added to the price editor automatically by entering
  transactions are very very strange and usually wrong.

Did I do something wrong? Does anyone else see these?
 Thomas