Merging trunk changes into branches

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Thu Feb 15 21:59:58 EST 2007

Are there any guidelines on merging changes in trunk into a branch or changes from another branch into a branch?  Merging from the trunk would allow me to keep up with bug fixes and other changes and make the future merge back into the trunk easier.

Merging in other branches could make my job easier (e.g. certain aspects of the GObject branch would make the GDA branch easier) but would also add unwanted project dependencies, so my guess is that it would be frowned on.

Phil