Merging trunk changes into branches

Daniel Espinosa esodan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 19:23:37 EST 2007

2007/2/15, Phil Longstaff <plongstaff at rogers.com>:
> Are there any guidelines on merging changes in trunk into a branch or changes from another branch into a branch?  Merging from the trunk would allow me to keep up with bug fixes and other changes and make the future merge back into the trunk easier.
>
> Merging in other branches could make my job easier (e.g. certain aspects of the GObject branch would make the GDA branch easier) but would also add unwanted project dependencies, so my guess is that it would be frowned on.

In my plan is to create GInterface's using the actual functionality in
GC to allow other like GDA implements most of the data handling GC
does but in the way the implementator consider better, depending on
the particular features (for example, you should be able to use
GdaDataModel over the actual QofCollection; this, just implementing in
the future, a GInterface, to work with a QofCollection like GC does
now).

"de grano en grano, se hace la arena" (R) (entrámite, pero para los
cuates: LIBRE)