Modules and GnuCash

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sun Feb 18 05:27:02 EST 2007

Am Samstag, 17. Februar 2007 17:19 schrieb Derek Atkins:

> > As well, there's probably just one module for all the txf stuff, to make
> > life easier.  It's unclear if some of the de_DE stuff is loaded/used as
> > per comments in the files.  I also love how the de_DE files are under
> > the us/ subdir. :/
>
> I think the us v. de stuff should be separate modules, and eventually
> the tax code should be extended to be able to load the locale-specific
> modules.

The current "de" module corresponds to a 10% completed porting effort of the
us source code to the "de" situation. The idea was that people who would
actually use this module should try this out and give some feedback. As this
actually never happened, the 90% rest of the porting effort has never been
done. In effect, anyone who works on the tax modules should rather throw out
the de_DE stuff completely instead of spending any extra work to make a
module of this (totally unusuable) code.

Or should I just go ahead and throw it out myself?

Christian