GnuCash on Win32: Binary package now available

jarney1 at cox.net jarney1 at cox.net
Wed Jan 3 20:39:25 EST 2007

The problem of opening the DOS window on run is solved during build by setting LDFLAGS="-mwindows" prior to running the ./configure script.  Alternatively, a win32 platform can be detected inside the configure.in and the "-mwindows" flag added at that time.

You will also need to make sure this is set also for anything that gnucash ends up invoking (such as gconfd).

My 2 cents.  This is what I did and it works just fine.