Couple on minor issues 2.0.4 & svn trunk

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Jan 6 17:20:45 EST 2007

hi,

Quoting Dave Herman <dvherman at gmail.com>:

> The first I just noticed yesterday, occurs in both both 2.0.4 and "svn
> trunk" (both 386 and 86_64 systems).  Starting the "Scheduled
> Transaction Editor" results in a number of messages on terminal.

> gnucash: [M] "Found Finance::Quote version ""1.12"
>
> (gnucash:655): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_date_set_month: assertion
> `g_date_valid_month (m)' failed
>
> (gnucash:655): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_date_strftime: assertion
> `g_date_valid (d)' failed
>
> (gnucash:655): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_date_strftime: assertion
> `g_date_valid (d)' failed
>
> (gnucash:655): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_date_strftime: assertion
> `g_date_valid (d)' failed
>
> (gnucash:655): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_date_strftime: assertion
> `g_date_valid (d)' failed

What do your SXes look like?  I dont think there's been much SX
difference in any of the 2.0.x versions.  I'd certainly like
to see a stack trace from when this occurs, but that would require
having your data file, running gnucash under gdb, and breaking at
the right time.

[snip]

> systems are FC6 updated

I've run gnucash on FC6 without trouble, but I've not got any SXes.

> The second has been around for several weeks -

And you're only reporting it NOW?

> ./configure  gives a permission error on "/po/Makefile"

What's the exact error message?

> Solution is to set execute permission on the file.
>

> Both minor ... should either be reported formally ?

Maybe, but we'd need much more information for both issues.