GnuCash / PocketPC

Tim Garthwaite tim at garthwaite.org
Mon Jan 8 12:06:59 EST 2007

Hello,

I was looking at http://www.slamb.org/projects/ideas.html and I think
the GNUCash / PocketPC (and Windows, and OSX) along with syncing would
be a major addition making Linux a good fit for personal use.  I would
be very interested in helping to make this happen.  I own a Motorola Q
(Windows Mobile 5 SmartPhone Edition), and run Windows at work and Linux
(Ubuntu Edgy) at home.  I have had success syncing bookmarks, mail
accounts, and contacts among all three platforms (Win, Lin, PPC) with
FireFox, Thunderbird, and BirdySync (commercial software to sync
Thunderbird on Windows with PPC) and rsync... Being able to run GnuCash
from work without Cygwin, ssh, and X forwarding would rock the
hizzouse...  Being able to even simply enter surprise income and
expenses on the Q would make life simply grand.

I'm a CS grad with C, C++, C#.NET experience... Having the equipment
means I can also help other interested developers with testing.

Think you'd want to team up and get at least pieces of this vision done?

Tim