Fork(), etc on Windows

Andrew Wood andrew at gn.apc.org
Sat Jan 13 11:30:43 EST 2007

Hi,

Is anyone actively working on fork()/pipe()/gzip problem for GNUCash on
Windows? If not then I thought I might see how far I can get in trying
to fix it.

My first thought was to see what other projects had done about this
problem, as it can't be too uncommon. I wondered about using libraries
from UWIN which has an implementation of fork(), etc on Windows. That
does seem too easy though (assuming it works)! Before I start on
investigating it can anyone think of a reason not to follow this?
Details of UWIN at http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/uwin/

It's a while since I undertook software development but this particular
problem seems like something of value to work on, but it might take me a
while to set up the environment and tools, etc.

Andrew

Andrew Wood, 166 Divinity Road, Oxford. OX4 1LR.
Tel: 01865 201 728/ 07973 953 446