New SX editor sometimes crashes gnucash

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Sun Jan 21 15:04:07 EST 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-21 at 14:19 -0500, David Reiser wrote:
> Yes it's repeatable.
>
> Stack trace is possible, but I'll need some guidance in how to set
> gdb. Since gnucash quits as a result of an abort instead of a full-
> fledged crash, I don't get a default crash log. I'll have to set a
> break point or something. Where do you suggest I start?

If you run from within gdb, then you should get dumped back to the gdb
prompt at the point of the abort.

    [shell]$ ${prefix}/bin/gnucash-env gdb ${prefix}/bin/gnucash-bin
    (gdb) run
    [gnucash output; you cause crash]
    Abort, blah blah.
    (gdb) backtrace
    [...goodness...]

As for a breakpoint ... there's only a couple of places that are
allocations of memory of variable size:

1/ gnc-dense-cal.c:recompute_mark_storage.  If possible, please see what
value of 'dcal->numMarks' is just before executing the g_new0(...) at
line 675

2/ gnc-dense-cal.c:gdc_add_tag_markings.  Please see what the value of
'num_marks' is just before exectuing the g_new0(...) at line 1572.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled;b=asynchronous.org;echo ${a}@${b}