r15446 - gnucash/trunk/packaging/win32 - Install.sh: Some updates, use freetype and libgnurx from gnome.org.

"Andreas Köhler" andi5.py at gmx.net
Sun Jan 28 00:38:51 EST 2007

Andreas Köhler <andi5 at cvs.gnucash.org> wrote:
> New Revision: 15446
> Trac: http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/15446
>
> Modified:
>    gnucash/trunk/packaging/win32/custom.sh
>    gnucash/trunk/packaging/win32/install.sh
> Log:
> Install.sh: Some updates, use freetype and libgnurx from gnome.org.
>
> [...] Use libgnurx which should be equivalent to regex-spencer
> despite the naming change. [...]

That is incorrect. I mean it also implements the POSIX regex API, we
can link with -lregex (or -lgnurx) against it and guile still seems
to work.

Quoting Tor Lillqvist:

"""
Since December 2006 I will do my Win32 builds of GNOME software
against an own build of the regex part from a fresh glibc, that
provides a DLL called libgnurx-0.dll. I package this as "libgnurx" (a
name I just came up with myself). This should hopefully avoid any
confusion.
"""

ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/dependencies/regex.README
Go read it :)

-- andi5